NeuroKinetic Therapy (NKT)® is well on its way to putting a neurological approach toward healing on the map. The innovation of David Weinstock, NKT® is a corrective movement system that utilizes specific muscle testing to manipulate the output of information from the Motor Control Center (MCC) in the cerebellum. This part of the brain directs all movement within the body. Like with all other things, the MCC learns through failure. Following some sort of trauma the MCC adapts to compensatory patterns developed as a result of injury and pain. Information about when and how to activate different muscles becomes jumbled and the brain reorganizes so that it can still carry out movements that keep the body functional, albeit not efficiently. The body essentially goes into survival mode and continues to proliferate compensation after compensation, even after the initial trauma is perhaps long resolved. These improper movement patterns continue indefinitely unless the MCC is reprogrammed and taught the proper way to move again. NKT® provides this necessary intervention.
NKT® assesses dysfunctions of the MCC via manual muscle testing and corrects faulty movements right from the source. It provides clarity for seemingly irresolvable and nagging issues by supplying a map for the inner workings of the motor output from the brain. Dysfunctional patterns are corrected and the client is provided with follow up homework to continue at-home reinforcement of new patterns initiated during the session.
Some of the benefits of NKT® include:
- Utilizes muscle testing to quickly and accurately locate the source of problems
- Fixes faulty wiring in the brain to help achieve results that endure
- Eliminates long-held compensatory patterns developed as a result of old injuries
- Vastly improves the overall efficiency of the body
- Increases muscle coordination, strength, endurance, and range of motion
- Provides clients with at home correctives to maximize progress
Visit http://neurokinetictherapy.com to learn more.