Active Release Technique (ART)® is a leading soft-tissue therapy developed by Dr. P. Michael Leahy that is designed to assess and treat irregularities in muscles, tendons, ligaments, nerves, and fascia. ART® uses a combination of pressure and tension by the practitioner while the client actively moves through a range of motion.
It is an ideal tool for treating overuse injuries and scar tissue, often developing as a result of one or more of the following phenomena:
- Macro injuries such as pulls, tears, or acute traumas
- Micro injuries such as minor pulls, tears, or repetitive movement asymmetries
- Lack of oxygen reaching the muscles
The body responds to these phenomena by developing hardened fibrotic and scar tissue around and within the overused structures. This leads to restricted movement, loss of strength, inflammation, pain, and nerve entrapments. ART® produces quick and long-lasting changes by restoring mobility to dysfunctional tissues.
Some of the benefits of ART® include:
- Immediate, lasting results
- Restored range of motion
- Improved athletic performance
- Increased strength and endurance
- Release of painful and hardened scar tissue
- Resolution of nerve entrapments producing painful tingling or numbness
- Increased rate of healing from acute trauma
Visit http://www.activerelease.com to learn more.